The Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) looks after the registration of BAS Agents. They have minimum education and experience requirements to be considered for BAS Agent registration:
The TPB BAS Agent Units includes TPB approved courses that meet these minimum education requirements.
TPB BAS Agent Units Target Audience
- For people who have a Cert IV qualification in Accounting or Bookkeeping that do not have the TPB BAS Agent units
- University accounting graduates
- Overseas accounting qualifications
- For people who would like a qualification to obtain a BAS Agent License
- For people who prefer online and self paced study
Relevant in applying for the following roles:
- Assistant Accountant, Accounts Office, Bookkeeper, Junior Accountant, BAS Agent
- Self paced (no minimum, maximum 18 months)
- MYOB and Excel
NOTE: The TPB BAS Agent Units are only for the above two units. This is different from our BAS Agent Program which is an 8 month education and practical work program.